PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 06:41
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with 90% of your points, and from previous posts some will know that I too will be voting yes. The only point I sniggered on was when you said "they want to pay us more".
I dont think you'll ever make me believe that! If this was the case then our pay package would have been sorted years ago. Pay has always been a bone of contention at VS, which is why posters such as Scooby are so passionate about ending this now and ensuring we enter a new and better era.
Most crew are quite confident that we wont go to strike. They believe that money can and will be found (even if it means VAA pulling funds from the Virgin Group for once - so maybe we should be following the Business Pages!)
I'm actually at a loss as to what it is crew that want. I know Scooby wants crew down addressed and loyalty to be recognised in other ranks, but Scooby is just one person. What do the others want? Cant just be the higher rate of pay for FSMs and CSSs as many crew feel this is unfair.
I would be happy with the current pay deal, especially now I have recieved a letter from LM saying that they will look at FSM pay in the next deal (sorry guys, charity begins at home)
Just changing the subject slightly though, what did LM mean when she mentioned performance related pay for FSMs? On initial reading it didnt sound fair and I had visions of arse-licking, corruption and ruthlessness, but I wont go jumping the gun!