PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Joiners - Unified First Officer Pay Scale
Old 13th Oct 2007, 00:13
HUD Cripple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Joiners - Unified First Officer Pay Scale

I was given the thumbs up for an Australia DEFO Pax in early 2007. Likely course date early 2008. The documentation at the time indicated normal Bscale $120k FO1 pay. This new CoS08 UFO pay looks like being 90k for the 1st 3 years and an extra year on base, making it 4 minimum. That's almost a $100k pay cut over 3 years!

I reckon 90k is very skinny given the experience required to get the job as a DEFO Pax. If you're like me you'd be taking a serious pay cut if you accept it.

It applies 1 Jan 08 - ie to everyone who hasn't been given a course date I'd imagine.

As new joiners we have no right of reply except not taking the job. If what's above is what's on my contract offer I think that is exactly what I'll do.

Very dissapointing given the amount of time and effort it takes to jump through the HR hoops.

If you are in a similar situation to me, please knock back the job! It's the only way we can let them know that CoS08 is not enough.

If you're in CX, unsure if you can change this CoS through a vote. Either way please help out your peer wannabe's anyway you can, we appreciate it! Surely it'll make further pay cases harder to justify if someone else is doing your job for much less.

HC