PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL to buy 6 B767-300ER's
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 14:34
Hogg

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont know if its written in stone that Bluebird getting the Dhl B733 contract as i know Air Contractors have one wet leased not just to evaluate it but also for wetlease Dhl/Post work? Eh Ramptramp maybe you can correct me?
Also interesting that B752 EI-LTA is now on the Acl "books" and is as far as I know now in India for Blue Dart Aviation.
In addition to 2 A300B4s be wet leased to EAT an Atr is being placed with Dhl to operate Cgn-Ema 5 night a week.
Having spent a few hours in Leipzig recently and taken part in loading repositioning unloading trials i must say Im very impressed indeed with the hub, the managing director gave me a thorough tour of the facility and good to see the first A300 C? check taking place in the hangar which is huge. Also got an indoor smoking area .The roadways around the ramp are one way only so I think thatll slow down ramp traffic. Very enthusiastic ground ops were in place overseen by an old friend from EMA Hub but with the start of ops Im sure itll run very well without constant guidance from 4 corners!!!!
theres a canteen with dhl cups n saucers (didnt get one)! both male and female sleeping bunks different ids required to get in, a shower wash facility, it points, tvs etc.
No need to get a flat ..........just move in!
Time will tell if i get a chance to operate from there.
Hogg