PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger jailed for inflight threat
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 08:14
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Final responsibility rests with the miscreant.

I've been p!ssed many times; indeed, sometimes very p!ssed. I've done some silly things when p!ssed - mooned people, thought I could out-run cars on a freeway, etc.

But some little switch deep in my brain has always stayed in place such that I have never thought I could stop cars on a freeway, fly unaided, or open aircraft doors.

I realise that this 'switch' may not operate the same way for all people - but, having attained a certain age, you should have a pretty good idea of how you act when very p!ssed and if you think you might act up, then stop. If that means stopping at the first - or none - then better that, than risk getting banged-up and your name in the paper.

In criminal law, more than one fool has tried to argue that they were not responsible due to being blotto. Such arguments are usually given very short shrift. The exceptions are where there has been some underlying condition (until then unknown to the defendant) which alcohol has then set off, but the defence had want to have some pretty good medical evidence to back such a claim.