PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia increases safety checks on European aircraft.
Old 11th Oct 2007, 17:39
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, just to be bit contrary to assist debate, there are around 400,000,000 Indonesians last time I looked. How many Europeans? How many aircraft per capita in Indonesia / Europe. It has become fashionable to knock Indonesian aviation suggesting nepotism, corruption and neglect, and I have personally gone along with that thinking until recently when I wondered just how many cycles per accident there might be in each region. So is the new Europe immune from nepotism, corruption and neglect, or is there some other ingredient which is truly queering the Far East patch?

I have also been struck by the fact that Asian airlines have been criticised for massive expansion necessitating the employ of very young aircrew for example, but I also note that NASA employs young Indians and Chinese because they are simply much cleverer than some of the western product i.e. they understand systems intimately.

Maybe that also leaves the question "Are the Indonesians clever enough in the grand scheme of things?"

Last edited by slip and turn; 11th Oct 2007 at 17:55.