PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger jailed for inflight threat
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2007, 22:11
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyDoo
The crew served him p!ss until he got up and tried to open the door.
How do you know that? You weren't there, and the media report does not state that nor does it give any form of time frame for alcohol service. Lets also not forget that if the flight was over Western Australia when this incident occurred, by that stage it would have been inflight for at least 11 hours. Now whilst I certainly don't condone serving intoxicated passengers (or getting them intoxicated in the first place), thats an average of less than one drink an hour.
I'd like to see you trying to reason with a drunk and explain to him how many standard drinks he's capable of consuming, altitude, Buys Ballots Laws, wtf, etc, etc.......
I do, on a regular basis - with tact, discretion and diplomacy - and before pax get to an intoxicated state. I dont cast any assumptions to the persons drinking ability, nor do I hypothesise on the ground v air equivalent of a standard drink - I just recommend they drink more water and less alcohol than they usually would as people react differently at altitude. Try doing any evening flights east coast to drw/per and you will see people who think they have 4 or 5 solid drinking hours in front of them.
The crew should've had their sh!t in one sock and kept track of who was serving how many drinks to which obvious heavy drinkers. That's what they are supposedly trained, qualified, licenced and EXPECTED to do.
Yes, agreed - and no one here knows what actually happened on that flight. Just because you have the outcome doesn't necessarily mean you can plot the entire path that lead to it.