PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger jailed for inflight threat
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2007, 20:53
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Markben:

cop any more abuse from an ugly, arrogant, smelly passenger.
So presumably you will willingly cop abuse from a passenger who is good looking and not smelly?

While you lucky little cabin crew ducks may get a break every twelve hours or so, us poor passengers often have to go the whole miserable 21+ hours plus at least six hours getting poked and prodded by security, immigration and customs without a shower, while squashed into an aircraft like sardines and being served disgusting airline food (with plastic cutlery no less) by disengaged, bored cabin crew whose minds are on their next tropical holiday and what jewelery they are going to acquire (one way or another) next time they are in Dubai.

Of course passengers are bad tempered and smelly - for goodness sake lighten up.

Furthermore, ever heard of a certificate course called "responsible service of alcohol"? Seems like none of you have. Which means that none of you would qualify to hand out drinks in the State of Victoria.

I think a reasonable conclusion is that this case was a lose / lose stupid situation.

Stupid for the passenger, although I can sympathise with wanting to fly as drunk as possible to make the cabin crew look vaguely attractive and perhaps remain unconscious for as long as possible during the flight.

Stupid for the airline and Cabin crew (Assuming that the bloke was sober when he went on board) for demonstrating their incompetence in allowing the gentleman to get himself into this situation in the first place.

Having said all that, maybe I'll fly Etihad in future.