PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain Meeting 5th October
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2007, 06:50
Myway or the highway

Talking any decision yet?

Bess or others in BAH,

i guess the question that everyone wants to know is has the decision been made? Obviously not

do you guys have any idea of when it may actually be made? I see the new moon is due this sunday 14 October, which should signal the end of ramadan (if I am correct) and then surely they can get down to bloody business again.

The fact that the Bahrainis have apparently put out the contract to tender for the first time since Adam was a boy, I hope is a sign they realise something has to be done, and the only way to do this is to bring in a new player via this method, who may possibly have the tenacity, ability to rectify the problem, which it appears Serco doesn't (as it seems with other stations they manage).

serco have only ever been a company that manages their ME ops by reaction or band aid tactics. They know the problems are there, they know they are going to cost money, but then some issue crops up and they use another band aid, hoping it will all go away, while at the same time checking the bottom line has not been adversley affected.

lets only hope that the Bahrain DCA get in some new blood and get the ****e fight there on the road to repair. The controllers there are obviously bloody good at what they do, so I hope the new encumbant will actually be on the floor with the lads and find out what their thoughts are and get their views on how best to fix it, because in reality the coalface usually know what is best.

I am with you Bess

Looking forward to the decision. BTW when is the Serco contract up again?