PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 18:43
Fournier Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The view of another department in the same company....

Talking to many crew - there does seem to be an opinion of "screw the company - they are not doing me any favours"

Sorry guys and gals - this is childish. Say you are right, when you strike, the company has enough money to absolve the initial problems - in the longer term passenger downturn, may cause a few restrictions, but the company sails on through, no problem. Discussions revert back to pay...

...or look at it another way, what if the company hasn't got the money?

You all strike and no planes fly - we all saw what happened after 9/11. Couple of days on the ground and lots of people are without jobs ACROSS ALL DEPARTMENTS. Say Virgin survives this, but has to lay off people to get by - this will affect everybody.

I've got a mortgage to pay, we've got guys with young families, we've got guys a few months away from having families, do you want to see these people out of work over your pay? The simple matter is there are not infinate numbers of jobs in the aviation industry - some of us may get employment immediately - others may not. I know some of you don't want to screw over the company, I'm dissappointed with the few I've spoken to who are intent on nothing but. With these I have no sympathy.

If it works out for you all - great - well done. However, please don't forget that this action does not just affect you and the passengers. Screw the company, and it will change many more peoples lives not involved with your pay....

...just think about this please.