PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 16:10
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AGHHHHHHH

Unite have already stated that they will not negotiate further and will immediately ballot for strike action.
THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY HAVE SAID and therein lies the problem - if people go around saying that then sure people are going to think about accepting this offer, what has actually been said in the offer is

To conform with legal requirements, a rejection of this final consultative ballot will automatically lead to “All Unite” members being asked to participate in a formal industrial action ballot.
.Now that has been said.... on the last 3 offers, be it on the ballot paper, or in the letter accompanying so it's nothing new

The story of no further negotiations has NOT been stated in any formal union correspondence, that the members have been received.

However the view from he roo (aka Virgin management) on I-fly states

As I said last week the business is now entering a critical and unsettling phase as our Cabin Crew vote on a major revision to the pay offer over the course of the next few weeks in the final consultative ballot on pay..........

.......Unfortunately we are getting the impression that many crew wrongly believe that a “no” vote will lead to another and better offer being made. This is not the case. Unite have made it quite clear that they will automatically proceed to a formal industrial action ballot if this pay award is not approved
Now note, all reference to there will be no further negotiation by Unite is coming from the management - not from the Union. Until I see it in Black and White from the Union "we will not negotiate any further" then it is nothing more than a scare tactic by the management and the ramifications of a NO vote by the crew is no different to all previous offers, the word final has been used so many times ....

Please tell me where there has been a formal communication from the union stating it will not negotiate any further ?

Ps shanwick, I presume when you say no shows on day of proposed industrial action you mean a non formal strike - Yep, sure, you are not pitching up for work, black mark.

However official strike with voter and union backing - punishment of crews for not attending work on organised strike day is illegal. Just wanted to clarrify that incase anyone wasnt sure.