PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 14:01
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok from a different angle maybe -

In every letter accompanying the offers to date there has been a risk of a strike ballot.

Two offers ago it was in the accompanying letter saying I will ballot you for strike action if this fails. Last time it was on the ballot slip in big black letters, the same message as was on the letter the time before... trying to scare people. This time, who knows what it will be, probably in huge letters on the letter and the ballot strip - maybe even a pull out poster too !!.

The point is no Ballot has been issued yet despite being told 3 times so far we are going to get one. The company will do anything and everything to prevent the ballot from going as once it's gone out ...ITS OUT - Its like the company having a loaded gunto its head and not knowing if we're going to fire or not!

So really the alternate to voting YES is not immediately going back to 2% - that's not documented anywhere I can find so I dont know where this assumption by some is coming from (rumour I guess), also it's not for an instant strike ballot as some people are assuming. (even though the letter says it is).

We would just be in exactly the same position as we have been when each and every other past offer has been rejected - Yes the ballot form could come or "oh look, more talks more offers what a surprise" . Who comes back to the table first- who knows , however rest assured it would only be sheer business suicide for the company not to engage in further talks.

However the wording on I fly from the union makes is sound like that's it no more chances, when in reality nothing has changed between now and when we said "NO" on the last 3 occasions ! Yet scare tactics are the technique being employed now.

If the union stuck to its' word this time and the the strike ballot did come without revisiting the company, it would probably be good becasue I could imagine a much improved offer coming very shortly after.

Edited by eyesnears - Today at 2:58pm