PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 11:29
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SITYR, I totally understand and It is your vote to do what you feel is right with it, after all it is your life that you have to finance.

The reason 's am voting no are;

1. I know the back pay will be there eventually, sure it would be nice to have it for Christmas, but a 0% credit card to March will cover Xmas and when I get the back pay I can pay off Crimbo.

2. If the offer and back pay for some reason only becomes 2% (which I whole heartedly hand on heart do not believe will happen) then the figures in the table for back pay would be factored by 42% (2/4.8) - I still get some money but I have gambled half of it on further improving my package.

3.The extra I would receive per month from the table posted 2 pages ago will probably be factored by 75% as they are based on 5 trips a month, which is 60 a year, the company is using 45 a year to calculate my back pay so it's fair to assume the same looking forward - so in accordance with that the monthly increase per role on the current offer would be ;

IFBT = £35.75, CC £29.71, SCC £34.22, CSS = £51.45, FSM £61.38.

If that falls to 2% ( which again I doubt) I am gambling half of the above to improve my package.

There are other factors too, Crew down, this has not been addressed - the union stated categorically it wanted this addressed and it has failed to address, this. Variable manning etc etc Airshare scheme - we will see nothing with it in its current format as the company continues to invest in itself we must change this as the FC did to a turnover element rather than profit.

So take all of that and then add in the factor that we are going to start being taxed on some components of our pay packet which we are not currently - in a year time will I be better off or worse off or the same if I accept this deal.....

Then I look at the momentum the union has, I am really really proud with how everyone has voted so far, we are united and I honestly think we can make a serious improvement on what is currently on offer.

Now it becomes harder for the very reasons you highlight but also because of the bias shown towards CSS FSM and 10 Year FSM's that has literally split the ranks. I'm sure the company are hoping said bias will stop the FSM's and CSS's telling people to vote No.

But from Me it's a not to this offer, a yes to strike to force the company back to the table, if I have to vote Yes to strike to do this, then that's what I will do and I will strike but the company would be foolish to let it get that far.

Big thumbs up for being honest as to why you think a yes this time

edited to add

p.s pokergirl who cares if no bus, dont have to come to work to strike can sit at home - the cause and effect is the same, as for no allowances - but we spend those on food and drink down route right so it would make no difference to us financially. The only loss would be the day off works pay we would lose, but then you have to deduct what it costs to get to work too, so maybe down a few quid after all that ? We all know it wont go that far, they would be back round the table faster than crew get to the bar downroute

Last edited by scoobydooo; 9th Oct 2007 at 11:43.