PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 10:25
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SITYR - I would love to have a positive outlook and agree with your comments however;

I believe that if we are as strong as we say we are then for the first time there will be major changes in next pay talks.
Just will not happen, next time round it will be exactly the same, it's a virgin chosen management tactic , has worked for years and will continue to do so until the chain is broken.

Show me some productive moves by the Virgin Union reps (to perhaps bet Boyd out) to get it right next time and I will change my stance - but at this point I am willing to make a wager that next pay talks will be exactly the same. It's proven that history repeats itself and the saying "if it aint broken dont fix it" stands - why change it, it's working for the management- they get us everytime and people say it will be better next time.

The pattern is the same as last time, several poor offers, then not so poor offers targeting specific roles (CSS & FSM) , everyone you will get your back pay before Christmasn and hey presto a 47/53 (or similar) vote in favour - exactly the same this time round I fear. In short we are so easy to manipulate and walk all over when it comes to pay talks.

Therefore I am unable to just give up in the hope that "ahhh next time will be better".

I agree, listen to the pilots, listen to everyone - weigh up all the information available and then make a decision. Also note whilst KO has been kind enough and taken the time to provide us with his/her insight it is the opinion of 1 person - I know other FC who say keep going.

Remember everyone, gather all the facts, analyse and decide if the current offer meets your personal objective.

As Orange would say, "it's good to talk" and that is what we must keep doing, the back pay will come, you will still be entitled to it, if it takes longer it takes longer. When the company says there will be no more talks (as we have heard before...is it 4 times now ?) it is the company that is backing us into a corner. Why oh why is it not the union calling the shots