PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 18:40
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K.O.

That made a nice rational read, I agree with most of your points but would question learning lessons and being ready next time. We have done this so many times,the same role play e.g. 2 years ago and here we are again in exactly the same place.

Now is the strongest the cabin crew have ever been in terms of their demonstration % wise towards the votes. The thought of strike whilst the iron is hot springs to mind (in more ways than one - just to TELL the company, "enough is enough"). For a junior and senior to have come so far against such disgusting results for £39 and £45 Extra a month seems a waste.

Brian Boys is shameful in his recommendation of the last vote, what ounce of respect he has lost and now he can "strongly recommend" the current vote !!?? - the mind boggles.

People must be wondering, "well, he said that last time, he just wants this over with". I would very much hope that someone further up T&G or Amicus/Unite would move him sideways and take the reigns in these negotiations because at the moment it feels like the guy driving the Amicus/Unite horse carriage is doing so without a head !

Thanks for taking the time to write your reply and post it. The feeling at the moment is one of - the company just will not listen to what we want or offer it - what was the straw that broke the camels back in your talks that resulted in a Yes strike ballot, because tight now I and others are starting to feel this will be the only way to get our message across.