PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 16:47
stansdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s3483

I am also a VS pilot. I agree with what Kasual Observer says and am disappointed in your belief that somehow, we pilots want you to accept an offer in order that our pay round goes better.

You have a 2 year deal including back pay. By the time you accept, 2007 will nearly be over and taking into account that this is a 2 year deal backdated to April, your reps will soon be renegotiating the NEW NEW pay deal for you.

In 6 to 9 months time your reps will be going back to the company to restart negotiations again for the next deal. Then is the time to give them a strong mandate for action, not now.

Vote No at all our perils, but do what you think is right. You do deserve more money. We all agree that.

If you threaten strikes, you had better be sure to do it. Otherwise you lose forever.........

My personal view is that not enough of you want a strike and not enough of you are united behind the money aspect of the deal. Such as many people who still live at home that I have spoken to..... sad, but true.