PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines - more resignations?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 11:23
Dragon Spice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest one I heard today is that a few of the boys from Eagle in HKA have interviews with PB, JC and ANZ. One if them has had an interview with CX. I suppose even though PB and JC dont pay as much its still better to be home.
I have a feeling that it'll be a case of Deja Vu for the management at HKA when these guys leave. I am aware that they a overstocked with F/O's but if there is a trend of guys joining then leaving after 6-12 months then others will see HKA as a stepping stone to the major carriers.
The pilot management pretty much have their hands tied with the issue with salary and housing allowance increase. If HKA want to be serious competitors in HK () then the mainland management need to adopt a 'western' attitude towards ther welfare of their pilots and staff.
They'll need to pull up their socks with basic things like the way cabin crew and even some flight crew carry themselves with interaction with HKA's travelling public....ie big improvement in their english standards. I hear that sometimes communication between cabin crew and flight crew is a huge mission.
Competition in HK is a good thing for the public but HKA better be careful not be tagged the budget/low cost/no frills airline of HK.