PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Recovery
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 06:16
The Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typhoon Recovery

We like to thank the many pilots who answered their phones on G days and early before duty.

The pilots that worked on G days saved us from paying other pilots vast amounts of overtime.

The other pilots that answered their phones early enabled us to change the roster in order not to pay some other pilot overtime. If they had signed on with their original sign on, they would have run out of duty. We don’t mind this, as most Captains will use the 3 hours of discretion to extend the duty. Thank you to all those Captains. If the delay is more than 3 hours we will have to pay more overtime.

This will not help my bonus.

When you answer the phone you now become flexible in our operation and we will disrupt another pilot’s roster to finish the operation.

If this did not happen, it would have a huge knock on effect. We would have to pay much more overtime and would make crew controls job very difficult with the possibility of some flight cancellations.

We like to thank all the Check and Trainers who answer their phones at anytime to help out. You are the ones that keep our training program at its speedy pace. If not, we would have to increase your training package to attract more Trainers. Again, this is not good for my bonus.

On G day call outs, we tell the unsuspecting pilot that it is a roster disruption, which he gladly accepts to help out his company.

We like to thank all the pilots who helped out on this Typhoon Recovery.

Here’s to my bonus.

The Management