PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger List Gulf Air accident - Scam warning!!!!!!!
Old 6th Oct 2007, 22:54
Mr_Hippo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have lost count of the number of relatives that I have lost in air crashes, car crashes, works accidents and military coups!
I am now worth millions because of all my wins in the Australian, UK and European lotteries - that's strange! I thought I needed to buy a ticket to have a chance of winning.
Why do intelligent people fall for these scams? There was a famous case in Scotland a few years ago where a woman fell for the same thing three times. She was asked to send £30,000 and would receive a block of tar with US$250,000 hidden inside; she did and when the block arrived, she carefully chipped it apart and guess what was inside? Tar! She complained and was to to send another payment for more money and she did - again, nothing inside. After she sent the third payment, she decided that something was amiss.
I am familiar with the saying 'Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice- shame on me,' What's 'Fool me three times'?