PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2007, 18:58
thrustidle74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I haven't logged on to pprune for a long time...as far as I can see this thread is up to speed like the old days.
I've passed H-W twice since I started my career. First time in Gatwick in 1997 which I found very easy and second time in Amsterdam KLM Medical Clinic in 2005 when my new employer asked me to retake the exam and unfortunately I found the one in Amsterdam very very difficult.I barely passed.When I went to Amsterdam I was very cofident cause I passed it before.But I think either the calibration of the equipments are not the same or the brightness they are using are different,when the opthometrist asked me what color are you seeing now? in Amsterdam,I went I don't see any lights so I can't tell you the color...the lights were so dim and reflected from a mirror.They were very helpful and let me settle in for a while infront of the lights...then I started the test and passed but by the time the test was finished I was soaked in sweat.
Anyways I'm taking the color vision assessment in City Uni in October,just for my self confidence,I'll be on a layover in London,I'll write you guys about the result and what it looks like compared to Gatwick and Amsterdam.
I believe everyone can find a lantern that he can pass somewhere in Europe.I don't belive all the lanterns are calibrated to the same standard.
Keep trying and never give up.

Good luck to you all