PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Flight Instructor
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2007, 17:08
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's most likely that chiplight2005 is a woman. If he is male, I personally find it a bit odd. But if she's female.... I would love to have had a female instructor...I've never yet had one. Is that so strange? Is it prejudice to prefer to be in a very cramped cockpit for weeks on end during a very stressful course, with someone who is possibly more likely to think like I do, who isn't likely to misconstrue anything I say or do that might conceivably have sexual connotations, and who might even understand me if I'm having problems? I'm not saying a man couldn't fulfil all those conditions...but I never yet met one who could! So yes, maybe it's prejudice, technically. But so what? And of course other things matter too. But I'd tend to take it as a given that anyone teaching FI courses was probably pretty good.

The FI course (the rotary one at least) is hard enough anyway. If you have personal preferences of any type that might make it easier, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.