PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 21:55
Ringwayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As CX are determined to offer a "lesser" service out of MAN than they do out of LHR i.e. stop off in Moscow and not operate non-stop, then I think we may have to wait a long time for them to bring back passenger services. So how a passenger gets to HKG depends where you want to connect - think gonig with Finnair might be the quickest way to do it.

From Turin's post, one can say :

SQ went public on the "10 times weekly, subject to passenger demand" a while ago so not really adding anything to what was known (unless he's got knowledge of slots requests applications? I've seen Friday, Saturday and Sunday mentioned as the 3 extra days of operation but without times) and operating daily from October has been known for a couple of months or so. Hopefully the 2 extra services a week will attract sufficient passenger numbers for them to evaluate the 3 additional services with a view to starting them in 18-24 months time.

Etihad - I'd rather have them see what the new split timings a la Qatar will do for them before going to 2 daily! Don't think we could state with any confidence that current loads justify expansion just yet.

Qatar - I've seen the config of the 77W. Nice 2 class effort seating 330ish passengers i.e. ideal for MAN and a little bit bigger than the A333s they will be operating this winter. However, I believe they're intending using them on transtlantic runs though.

As for BA, logically if the 787 is replacing the 767, then should BA's MAN-JFK still exist in 4 years time, then it will be 787s. (Not too sure which variety of 787 though as they are getting both -8s and -9s).