PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK JAR info
Thread: UK JAR info
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 19:08
Marcus the wise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Busy with my JAA license. I have had experience with the system there,very professional. For a validation you need to have some serious time though, to be considered you will need minimum 3000 hrs medium jet or above, 1500 hours PIC on medium jets, 500 hours on current type and that type must be flown in Europe. This just allows you to be considered for a validation.I know some companies are against validated licenses. So proberbly the best route is to write the exams, either with Oxford Training or Bristol. Oxford is a very professional school and is very well respected as a training school with the airlines in Europe. Bristol has a good distance learning programme. Be prepared to fork out lots of cash to do your JAA license. The cost of the distance learning programme is in the region of 900-1200 pounds but some schoools require you to have a class 1 JAA medical to register.Your initial class 1 JAA medical must be done at a British CAA facility in Britain, no exceptions. That will set you back another 350 pounds. Then of course you need to get there so count in the cost of an air ticket. There is a shortage of experienced pilots there but not all companies will help you get a work permit so having the right to work in Europe is a huge advantage. It is a long road to get the license but I believe it is well worth it. Good luck

Last edited by Marcus the wise; 3rd Oct 2007 at 19:20.