PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 10:19
Alloa Akbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

yes I am in the helicopter business, and have been for the last 20 years. My point was simply that getting irritated by these chimps is natural, yet pointless. Its like trying to round up a field of cats, you nail one and six dozen others will step out of line.

I'm not questioning an aviator's ability or right to speculate either, especially on a rumour site, all I'm saying as why do we even give the ill-informed a split second of our time?? OK so Joe Public may well be swayed one way or another depending on which ill-informed rag he reads, but I think the important point is that those who relate to the victims, personally or professionally, really are capable of rising above the sensationalist drivel that we see in papers every day. I also think that Joe Public's final opinion on the accident will also be swayed by the article which reads "Helicopter investigation official findings released".. and not "Pilot was having oral sex whilst high on drugs whilst me and my kids feared for our lives on return from holiday of a lifetime"... which as I understand, is journalist speak for "A spot of Turbulence on the Alicante flight"

Not criticising fellas, just ignore the feckers..