PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 09:43
dollydaydream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jobsagoodun

I can understand why you find my post contradictory!
My wishful thinking comment was flippant and meant to be mildly amusing - as I have said many times I do know where the door is and I will use it when I am ready. As you must be aware in this industry, particularly in the regions, a permenant contract can be difficult to come by and bills have to be paid!
Yes, we were very happy working for BAC, yes we did moan about things and all but the seriously deluded were aware that Connect was a company that had been set up in order to sell. We were happy because we knew when we got a roster, on the whole it stayed, we knew what time we finished work, we were able to bid for days off and more often than not have them granted, we had accessible management and crew support. When something did go wrong we were allowed a bit of initiative - service recovery etc etc.
I have stayed with Flybe because it suits me and I would sincerely like to see things improve, I am professional and I always give 100% to my job as do 99.9% of the people I work with. The change in passenger attitude is, in my opinion, due to the fact that they are paying higher prices for a lesser product - don't forget a lot of MAN customers have flown these routes for years with BA under its many guises.
My original post was actually to comment on the fact that one of the original Flybe crew, after having expressed a negative opinion, was also being told 'where the door was'!
Flybe have lost a huge amount of good, experienced crew I think it is a shame that they have not looked into why this is happening and even more of a shame that they appear not to care.