PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 08:59
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dolly, I'm trying to empathise with your situation but am finding it difficult as some of your comments appear contradictory.

The 'flybefree zone' is wishful thinking I suppose
No, it's not wishful thinking. There are other opportunities out there, there always is. The only thing is whether it is better or worse than you already have. If it is better, why have you not left Flybe for pastures new?. If it is worse.... then Flybe cannot be that bad afterall if you stay?

I have certainly noticed a change in pax attitudes towards crew
Could this be as a result in the changing attitudes of crew towards their work? (ie) an unhappiness?

Whilst I attempt to sympathise with the fact that all crews from BACon joining Flybe have experienced considerable upheaval, I cannot and do not understand how you could have been happy working for a company that was losing sooo much money? How is that employment ever going to be sustainable? Prior to Flybe, from Manx to BACitiExpress to BAConnect, employees lived a life or minimising job security.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but for anyone who has been at Flybe in the earlier days as Jersey European/British European and is still with them now, they have already been there when British European was on it's knees and this is why some will find it difficult to understand your comments.

Back then, unless everyone had pulled together Flybe would not be here today and would have gone the same way as BACon. I guess there is a different mentality grown out of experiences. Neither is necessarily right or wrong, they are just 'out of sorts' with the current situation. There can be no immediate return to the 'old days' as those days were unsustainable, but a successful Flybe will bring about better pay and conditions that can be given based on sound financial success. That is the only way things can improve and you would need to join that thinking to make the difference for yourself.