PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 16:59
virgin dolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA vs Virgin

Dear Tags,

I would give up many of my concessions as I don't use them and my colleges don't either.

We are talking now of the older crew who have families, homes and mortgages to pay for.

Yes it would be a loss to lose health care but I have spoken to many crew who have found it hard to use our health care system. We are taxed on our health care.

Ba main crew get 2 request a year, pursers 3 and CSD's 4. if the request is not achieved then it goes back in to the system until all of them have been used. I have been working for 14 years and still do not get my requests. I know many crew with many more years senior that still only get 5 to 6 requests a year.

BA have a back to back flight that your are able to swap which you get every month more or less. I understand that Virgin was looking in to this but would not pay the £70 LHR payment. V crew would love this as many crew commute long distances and I don't think the crew would worry about the extra payment that comes with a BA back to back.

My partner earns twice a much as me for doing the same job and thank the lord pays more of the mortgage than me.

Many crew do not use the 7 free flight that comes in our package and is generally used only by the new crew who come inboard.

We do not what to go crew down any more for £10, £20 it not worth the stress....we don't get paid enough. we want agreements like BA and we are using them as a comparison to move further forward in these pay issues. Ba don't go crew down because of a union agreement and if they do get paid
15 times what we do.

Overall I speak for most of the crew that would prefer to lose some benefit and to be rewarded financially.

Regards,

Virgin Dolly