PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 14:00
pokergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree virgindolly. I am a fsm but have only been in rank for two years. As stated in earlier posts there are some elements of the deal which i like. However I do feel that once again the company has shot themselves in the foot by rewarding loyalty for only one rank. We have some fantastic crew who keep the service standards up with ten years service + , where is there reward. I have friends in BA also and i really think that there pay increments are spot on . A girl i commuted with the other day is part time with ba after 14years service on the new contract and comes out with more than me as an fsm . Because ba have taken the purser from the upper deck and reduced the amount of pursers required on the 747's her chances of being promoted have dwindled so in recognition of this she is now on the top of her pay increment. She has no management responsibilties at all and as i said clears more than a full time fsm with us!!!!!!!!! NO justice. I havent been able to attend these meetings at the base but i hope voices are heard and listened to.