PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 13:24
virgin dolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Striking, loss of jobs..? your being used...!

Dear all,
When the BA strike took place in 97 no one lost their jobs. the only people who lost their jobs further down the line were middle management.
My partner works for BA and had just joined the company. He was not fully informed why the crew had been fighting for so long with the management re pay and working conditions.
I showed my Ba friends the new pay deal and they were shocked and found it laughable....
What we need to remember is that I have had no annual increment for 14 years (BA get them every year on top of inflation) and a senior c/c member who becomes CSS after 4/5 years is on the same pay as me where i have more or less 10 years more experience.
Where is the loyalty in that? In the new pay deal we find that FSM's will get a loyalty package and be offered part time as part of this.
What about the rest of the crew regardless of rank with 10 years+ service?
Where we are being used are; crew down/variable manning/working up payments and non annual increment payments.
OK the new deal is better but falls miles short of what we deserve. We have been used for too long and it's time to stand up for ourselves. With more part time FSM's, CSS's will be working up more and Virgin will be saving money!
We should not be working crew down FULL STOP/variable manning as this should only happen during disruption will the full agreement of the union.
Do you realise how much Virgin is saving each day by not putting 2 c/members on a flight? £££££££££££££'s!!!!!!!
We are forced to work under more stress and more the fool us b/c we have put up with it!
Under UK law every one in the union who agrees to strike cannot be disciplined by the company. It is their right to voice their opinion.#
Please FSM's and CSS's attend these meetings and get your voices heard.
REMEMBER this is the thin edge of the wedge and if we give in now rest assured the company will keep cutting and cutting....
PLEASE SAY NO TO THIS NEW PAY DEAL and let's go back to the table and fight for a REAL DEAL which we all deserve.
Do you really think that RB will let Virgin Atlantic go down the pan when he has the start of Virgin Red, the success of Virgin Blue and where his pax will have the opportunity to fly around the world on a VS aircraft?

Regards

Dolly