PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI holding pool.....
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 04:17
RAFAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carlton Browne - I realise that you're only relaying information for the benefit of others, and that is to be applauded, but it sounds to me like someone in BMI is making the rules up as they go along!

I think the main reason for the section on the form regarding expiry of the previous IR is that it is very difficult to roster pilots for LPCs exactly when their IR is due, and therefore some flexibility is allowed. For example, I once did an LPC 11 weeks before my IR was due to expire, and by basing the next due date on my previous expiry those 11 weeks were not lost. On that occasion my IR was therefore valid for 1 week short of 14 months!

I joined my first airline 1 week after renewing my initial IR, and they kindly advised me that I'd just wasted my money as they would have to do it all again within the type rating course anyway.

I stand to be corrected if the rules have changed, or are indeed different for for those who do not have an airline type rating yet, but I'm sure the Airbus TRE in question is mistaken with regard to expired IRs, and as for sending some away....