PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help for Heroes
Thread: Help for Heroes
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 21:35
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AL R
You are right chum!

Just another few thoughts before everyone leaps in.

I do not doubt Mr Parry's intentions, but what he is saying and what the web site is saying gives two different messages.

I, would suggest just a little caution first. We have some excellent charities out there who do a great deal of work for the services. What for example will the administration costs be of Help 4 Heroes. There are a dozen charities set up in London everyweek by ' bored wives of' whose charities run at 60% administration costs (for every pound you give them for charity, they pay themselves 60p i.e they set them up for themselves)).

Maybe this is different but just let them bed down and see before you launch in. Are any of the three patrons regular members of this site?? I don't know. Does anyone know them?? Maybe they are good eggs, but i just don't know. But I do know it is inappropriate for a patron to have a link under his name to his own commercial site (which has no links to the Help 4 Heroes' site). Just a thought.

I am not pooh poohing it. If they are straight up, good luck to them. It did incidentally give the country a massive amount of feel good factor today and was all over the news. Launched on the same day the government have slipped through a bill which gives almost automatic access to over 795 organisations to your personal phone records, without explanation., and it is now illegal for the phone companies to withold the information from them. We have been caught out by them (the Gov) ,and not a single snip on the news!!!