PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help for Heroes
Thread: Help for Heroes
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 21:05
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. Its a great cause and the troops deserve as much help as they can get.. god knows the chain of command isn't interested (just see the 15% tax on charity story), and god knows the g'ment doesn't give a damn.

My point was that these causes could be more coordinated, it dilutes the effort, it doesn't maximise effectiveness and the message gets lost (God knows the BBC only got involved with this because this chap had meeja contacts and JC put his name to it). The MoD loves the idea of the likes of Jeremy getting involved.. it enhances the perception that its all us together against them (the nasty g'ment), when I know that 'we're' not doing enough by half.

I'm glad you posted it.. thanks, and I agree with it. I just think more could be done to improve things with little or no more effort and I wouldn't let the MoD off with a thing, especially kicking off a charity by justifying them not having to pay for the troops rehab facilities. It isn't the most promising of starts. The troops I saw on the News tonight are not only the bravest of public servants, but they are also MoD employees. WTF isn't the MoD cutting back on plasma screens for the shiny arse civvies at MoD Main Building, and why isn't the Public Affairs Committee or the NAO asking CAS to justify his jollies in Typhoon, when there are sick troops who aren't being cared for?

al.