PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 19:58
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"why does every delay that BE encounter seem to end up on pprune?

flybe operate nearly 600 flights every day, some will run late. most dont."

Might I suggest that this has something to do with the fact that BE are supposed to operate a reliable service on domestic routes, with a supposed high frequency. Last time I used them, my flight (BHX-GLA) was 3 hours late. That time, I wasn't too bothered - going up for new year, and I had lounge access, so delay = free beers.

As far as passing on to other airlines goes, I don't even think the option of changing to another BE flight was available - but even on high frequency routes, there are sometimes gaps in the timetable, and iirc, the next flight wasn't due for another hour or so after this one eventually departed.

Ultimately, it comes down to passenger expectations. The story above about giving out deliberately misleading information is extremely damning, but I'm afraid it doesn't surprise me. When I travel between the Midlands and Scotland, I have a choice between flying and taking the train. There is nothing more stupid than paying more for a flight, walking through Glasgow Central station to see a train in there which is heading down south, heading out to GLA, having a delayed flight, and then turning up at Birmingham International to board the same train that could have taken me all the way, without the hassles involved with flying.