PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 17:07
Great Raymondo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonkers

Absolutely bonkers. I understand the frustration crew feel but I think the bigger picture is being lost here. Challenge what's been offered? Absolutely.. but to a point where it is acceptable to both parties. This isn't and the imacts of strike action will be huge.

I find it quiet saddening that some crew are voting with having no idea of the potential consequences. Downsizing is the least that will happen which could mean stgoing from a crew salary and a permanent job today to nothing. This will also affect everyone on the ground, in the offices, possibly overseas if underperforming routes are dropped. It's not just VAA staff that are affected, any supplier that supplies services or product will also be hit.

The message that crew are the face and the most important people to the airline are drilled in from the first day of training. Crew are the end product and this is what passengers see. However, this is the tiny tip of the iceberg - the operation of getting aircraft off the ground day to day is the rest of that iceberg and it's huge.

It needs to be factual and realistic, not emotional, unrealistic and damaging.