PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines - more resignations?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 13:48
beerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Each to their own, and I've never been down to OZ diablo, and maybe you've come from down under, with the relevant experience to be able to write off VB as being competent, however facts are facts..
VB do indeed have an upgrade program and that means guys will be flying in the left hand seat at some point. You will be back home or close to it. You will also won't have the pollution to deal with. Other terms and conditions are unknown but these things in itself are pretty big selling points, guys will be willing to take it if it means a quicker command with the added bonus of being at home.
At HKA, there is no upgrade program and that is a fact, you are away from home and you do have to put up with the pollution.
Seems that you're being a bit harsh on Mr Fooey, as getting into the left hand seat as well as enjoying your flying (and lifestyle) is pretty much what most pilots want, no?.. and yes, I have no idea what lifestyle you're likely to get, or if VB have lied to guys, but I'm sure anyone willing to join them aren't going in there without some idea of whats it all about OR they do know, AND its still a better option than being here.