PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stalling Brief and Demonstration
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 08:49
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now, an interactive white board such as used in primary schools these days could be a winner.

homeguard,

You're absolutely right. The first one of these I saw was about 10 years ago at my daughter's Infants' school - all paid for by the Parents' Association, not the local Council!

We had one which I used extensively at my previous employer, but most flying schools simply couldn't afford the cost. Also, in my experience, if you have multiple users then the thing gets seriously screwed up in short order.

Where I'm presently working, we have a projector and a pull-down screen and it's easy to show the basics on the screen, then quickly roll up the screen and mute the projector and get down to business on the whiteboard behind - best of both worlds if you can't afford the interactive version.

However, we also have some small briefing 'cells' with just enough room for a table and 2 chairs and a small whiteboard. Personally I prefer this more intimate setting for 1-2-1 work; it is closer to the aircraft environment.

Mind you, if you've got to give a briefing to a load of folk on a selection board, it's a quite different scenario from briefing a student.

Cheers,
TheOddOne