PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmi Airbus lands with park brake on (Report)
Old 30th Sep 2007, 00:25
Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
permFO ,i dont wish to sound rude but you really are talking rubbish, and one can only assume you have never been on the 320/21 flightdeck let alone operated the controls, the parking brake bears no
resemblance either in design or fuction to the slat/flap lever. The parking brake is located in the same postion as on every other aircraft ive ever worked on boeing or airbus, ie on the centre pedastal left hand side, and is operated by lifting it out of its detent and turning it thro 90 degrees to set, the flap /slat lever is a conventional looking lever operating in the normal way up and down a slotted gate, and to say you could confuse the two is stretching things a tad far, whatever circumstances led to this unfortunate incident it wasnt shortcomings in aircraft control layout, the only real difference i would say in the 321/330 parking brake system is as it operated electricaly you do not have to depress the brake pedals before setting the brake as you would on a 757 for example
Well, someone must have moved ours. It's in the centre and much further back than on every other aircraft ive (sic) ever worked on. And the flap and speedbrake levers are much further aft than on every other aircraft I have worked on (out of normal line of sight, out of sight- out of mind)