PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 17:24
TRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Alloa Akbar

Thus the page of posts about YET ANOTHER clueless journalist. Come on guys, we see these articles after every crash, we know they are ill informed and know nothing about aviation.
Yes AA - that's the point.

I don't know if you are in the helicopter business, but those involved in aviation who are "getting revved up" about this foolish reporting by journalists are sick and tired of such mis-information. Reporters who have suddenly become arm-chair aviation experts, quoting 'inside sources' that are so far off the mark that they quote the likely cause is a part that doesn't exist on the crashed helicopter. The Scotsman article compounds things by quoting the wrong helicopter type (on which the phantom part doesn't exist either) and goes on to remind us of other high-profile accidents that have occurred to the incorrectly reported helicopter type.

This is what Joe Public reads and believes to be fact.

What REALLY annoys me is had this accident occurred in, say, a high-powered rally car - of which I know little - and some cock-and-bull story emerged from so-called 'inside sources' as to the cause, I would probably have believed it. My opinion of rally cars would have plummeted thinking that they were held together by rubber bands.

Why do so many people think that travelling by helicopter is dangerous?

Buggered if I can think of a reason............