PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 16:34
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VirginBull I totally agree with your points, at last a serious offer, now if the company had started here they would have so much more respect from the crew instead we have taken 5 months to get to the first sensible offer. But we must look forward and not back right, so my take on this is - this is the first sensible offer - from here we move forward with negotiations.

I hear what you are saying re standby and request for 2 days off - last time they wanted to add another month of standby and remove guaranteed weekend off - in effect this is what is in this offer just worded differently - lets be realistic - I cant seem them granting peoples request for DO over the weekend, that's when sickness is highest and they need most standby cover and that's why they are trying to get rid of it, therefore I totally believe that once we give up the guaranteed weekend on a SB month it will be lost forever.

My error on crew down payment, so they will increase 4.8% too - WOW so that's worth about how much extra....!!

As for crew compliment staying the same on the A346 - this isn't something extra - it was a bloody cheek for them to suggest it in the last offer anyway - a bit like saying and when you get promoted we will pay you your new wage from the day you are promoted - its not them giving anything its just them not trying to take something else away like in the forst offer.

Again, this is by far the best offer so far, now lets start some serious negotiations.