PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 13:34
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the offers are improving but unfortunately this doesnt cut it for me

Just read the latest offer, following on from striker..
  • 2 year deal
  • 4.8% increase in year 1
  • RPI in year 2
  • Trip pay scales £5 a trip extra per year for CSS's and FSM's £2.10 for seniors reducing for other roles
  • FSM's offered part time contracts
  • Ability to swap standby month with other crew member
  • Pay and trip pay backdated to April, the original date
in return we are expected to
  • give extra month of standby
  • Apply for entire annual leave in one hit
  • give up guaranteed weekend in standby month (you can request 2 days but they may not be granted)
Well, I am disappointed with the offer, once again the extra month of standby is in there, though they have taken it out of the headline and added it as an appendix, removal of guaranteed weekend off, also they have added the table of how much back pay one can expect (perhaps to try and sway people like they did last time round). Planning a years leave in advance this will be good for some, difficult for others - also what will happen if promoted - you lose your entire years leave instead of 6 months ? No changes to crew down payments changes !

I believe in Brian Boyd's last statement he said that any improved offer would be accompanied with a strike ballot - this has changed as he now says that a failure to accept this offer (which once again they are recommending - like the last one) will result in the crew being balloted to participate in industrial action - "you will receive your ballot paper in a separate communication" - why has he changed his mind ?
.... I suppose this is to miss any threat of striking over half term !

Now why is Brian Boyd communicating Via Ifly - does he now work for Virgin or something ? You would think so the sort of offers he is recommending and highly recommending.... if this is rejected what would he say about the next offer, "I really really very strongly recommend this one" !

Disappointed in this offer when do T&G take control and Mr Boyd get replaced - sure virgin have a job for him

expected outcome - 60-40 rejection due to the extra month of standby.