PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this you???
Thread: Is this you???
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 11:22
Beefy_EMA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a professional Pilot, a Doctor. a Lawyer or even an Accountant; nevertheless I am a professional in my field.
Early on in my career, I realised that supply/demand drove the cost of anything up and down, even your job. So I decided to go down unpopular routes that people didn't want to do, so I could demand more remuneration.

Just because you know you are highly trained, make life changing choices and you drive around expensive company toys, doesn't mean you can demand a high wage. If you are one in a million people that can do that job, the company employing you can replace you with someone else. If you are 1 in 10 and the other 9 have jobs, get ready to write your own salary checks.

Is this fair? It is totally unfair, infact, from a logical point of view it’s branching on plain stupidity.
This is a capitalist society we live in and supply/demand is the basic principle in Economics. (http://www.investopedia.com/universi...economics3.asp)

You can all moan about how valuable your job is and how many hours you work, spend time writing posts in trying proving that your job is better than someone else in another totally different professional field. (That fact that people do that really shows their professional character or lack of.)

How about you sit down, work out how many people are waiting for your job, this will help you work out your true monetary value.

Sh*tter... I know..