PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways- Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 06:58
EvaFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Melbourne

I must say its with some surprise that I have read a few of the comments in this thread. I have taken up a position with Tiger, and it's not because I am desperate to become a Flight Attendant (I've been one, with one of the so-called "Big 3"), nor because I really need the job, but because I think it's a great, and exciting, opportunity. As a Flight Attendant, you generally don't have a chance to contribute much more than your personality and smile. You are given a book, told how to do things (i.e pour coffee) and then you turn up to work, do your job and go home. Maybe for some thats enough. But I'm excited by the fact that I will be able to contribute so much more given that this is a new operation and management appear genuinely interested in utilizing the full range of skills and experiences that people have. I didn't even ask about staff travel when I was going through the employment process. Who cares? Who on earth does this job for cheap standby tickets anyway? And as for conditions, well to expect Tiger (or any other airline for that matter) to mirror the spoon-fed, pampered conditions at Qantas, is unrealistic at best. Those days are over. I am really hoping that everyone who makes the decision to go to Tiger will give it their all, and will be there because they really truly want to. The ones that don't should go fly for QF, where you can get away with that sort of attitude. Whether Tiger lasts for 6 months or 6 years, I'm recognizing this opportunity for the great one that it is and am going to give it my all. Because at the end of the day, you will get out of it what you put in.