PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this you???
Thread: Is this you???
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2007, 19:50
cfwake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay, simple question, meant not to irritate but to give some perspective:

who would swap their job driving whatever they do around the sky to search through somebody's guts, write a minerals lease, go to defend some shameless chav in court, teach people to drive or go out to afghanistan to get shot at by the taliban?

i'm willing to be that the majority of people in the industry would stick with their chosen career! no industry pays what its employees deserve all the time; what makes ours worth it is that, from what i have gathered from everyone that i have ever spoken to, is that once you break cloud and get the office view, no-one would want to swap it for an ikea desk and a metal filing cabinet.

my sis works hilarious hours in manchester for a law firm, and earns a really decent whack. do the firm get their money's worth? damn right. will the company i work for get their money's worth from me? of course they will, especially as a young and overly eager first officer. it happen everywhere, but i wouldn't have paid such a ridiculous amount of money to learn how to be a doctor, driving instructor, lawyer, barrister, nuclear powerplant technician, deck officer (Wiggly Bob i did try it with maersk, and the RN though) or, in fact, to go and do anything else.

except to be an astronaut. i'd probably have paid to train as an astronaut.

rather a tangent perhaps, but thought it would put some perspective on it to remind people that no-one is really paid above their job. i have never met anyone who gets paid too much for what they are asked to do, and everyone's job is vital in one way or another.