PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this you???
Thread: Is this you???
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2007, 15:58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now now - careful now!

Ugly lawyers Mr Bernoulli?

Now that's funny but probably wholly unfounded...

Back to the topic...

I take home in the region of £2800 for spending a month driving a medium size jet around Europe. Been doing that for 9 years.

I work almost all of the time with people of the highest professional standards.

We all know the routine - we diligently go over and over the same sort of stuff day after day - constantly checking our 'sums' and generally being cautious, boring and conservative with all aspects of our work.

We produce repeatable and safe results time after time after time.

When I come home I have to deal with Doctors/Lawyers and lots of other so called professional people who often don't really deserve to be called such. There are of course good ones, but sometimes the level of professional application from all sorts of people who earn similar sums to me leaves me aghast.

As my experience has built up I have sometimes thought that I did what could be described as a routine and easy job. But when I interact with other professions I find so often that the simple things that I take for granted in myself are not replicated in other people in other jobs.

I am NOT perfect but I try to do the simple stuff very very well.

We allow ourselves to be beaten into the corner far too often - we ARE equivalent to the higher level of the employment spectrum. I know a lot of people from all walks of life - all very nice and clever guys and girls - but very few could do what our job requires these days - certainly on the basis of the evidence I see around me every day.

Oh - and it cost me £60k + a marriage + 10 years of hard work to get here.

Now, back to the subject of ugly lawyers..!

Last edited by 8846; 27th Sep 2007 at 16:07. Reason: Context problems..!