PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 22:41
lhrtolgw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSP

Goddess - I really, really hope they get you fixed up asap. I had not idea you were one of those awaiting redeployment. I bet you're dying to get where you need to be! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kikko - sorry but will try to further clarify:

Yes, with NSP all BA crew will be able to transfer between fleets/bases retaining their seniority and status (subject to operational needs and requirements at each base).

As different contracts are currently in operation at LGW/LHR, people would simply move across to the T & Cs at their new base and have their contract amended. This does not just apply to LGW people moving to LHR but also for those people who would want to move in the opposite direction (yes, believe it or not there are some).

It is my understanding too that an annual (minimal) batch of transfers used to take place from LGW to LHR on the basis of a 'gentlemans agreement' however NSP brings with it a formal, binding agreement which is something that LGW people have been awaiting for many years.

Yes, there used to be subsidiaries at LGW to supplement mainline BA services. This is no longer the case as everyone now works for mainline BA. That said, there are many people who managed to retain certain rights etc. from their previous employment with say Dan Air and so on (such as payments for tights - and yes, we all know how much that can save you). Yes, things are very, very confusing.

As mentioned above, making matters even harder to understand, although a mainline base, LGW crew are on a completely different contract to those people at LHR. BA are allowed to do this as they gained the agreement of the unions to do this when they first decided to introduce mixed flying. As a result, LGW has seen the introduction of an hourly rate as opposed to the more favourable allowance system in place at LHR.

Oh, and for what it's worth, if I were you I would probably hold on for Eurofleet too. You may well be the lucky (and last) people to get there externally and I wish you all the luck in the world. Just don't let them take the p..s and keep calling them.

Best wishes.