PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 22:02
newbagr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gosh i didnt even know that BA redeployed staff are waiting for a course! Well one thing for sure is that they wont stay without a job and they SHOULDNT! But it doesnt quite mean that along with the redeployed staff BA will say "we promised to those people in the holding pool a course LHR EF so we should keep our words!" Eventually, when you get into the company (and i hope you get where u want) you ll hear a lot of horror stories about courses starting for LHR and then first day of the course the bad news arrived! "Sorry we now need crew for LGW EF" ......and??? nothing happened! "its simply an answer of take it or leave it". BA will never do something with good intention only if they HAVE to! I d say that coming Oct (which is only a week away) they will have to start sorting the final details of the agreement. When its in place then thats it! Its like WW not taking perm crew! It has been an agreement for years that BA will not be allowed to take external perm crew! ...and simply they cant do otherwise! Though knowing BA...and how late everything is sorted...i could see delays with setting the agreement in place!So yes you might be lucky! But pls dont say that you ll get it because you ve been promised it! It simply doesnt work like that!