PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OBA Crash
Thread: OBA Crash
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 12:17
Shamrogue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wondering alittle off topic

I recently read a report of a BMi operaton from Dub to LHR where a problem occurred on the ground. 3 passengers commented and gave 3 completely different answers to the issue.
Now, there is a point where people have to stand up for themselves and make judgements. If you can't make the judgement or you are not happy - you ask someone. Or advise of a doubt etc. We all do jobs and every so often you must converse with your boss/partner or whatever. Flying instructors are like condoms. They are there for your safety (and to teach), but they are not all perfect all of the time. To error is human and we as people must understand that and sometimes you have to query it. I know we have to trusts the chap in the seat beside us but you can open your mouth and ask.
I have no doubt that the instructor turned about and sent a student solo without being happy. From my own training point in OBA, I was flippin worn out doing stalls etc but I really felt I left the place more pro-effecient than when I arrived. No extra costs etc. Again, I'll refer back to a comment from the past. ON my flight test day, I got in because another chap didn't bother turning up for his - due to the fact he went on the lash the night before. And yet this chap complained that OBA wouldn't let him or wasn't able to let him have his flight test in time. Therefore incurring extra charges etc. but if I had just heard his side of the story I would have been mad with OBA. But then I saw his name on the list, found out where he was and then I took his place, did my test and happy days.
Sorry to rant and rave on this. But, when training you need a bit of bad weather **** it the skies aren't always clear. You need to know what bumps feel like. What do you want AT to do "come fly the semi cloudy, might be rainy, could be a CB skies of Florida".................We all know the "come fly the friendly skies"...........advert and things don't always turn out to be as they should be.
OK. Stopping here. Rant over..............for now.
Shamrogue

Last edited by Shamrogue; 26th Sep 2007 at 12:20. Reason: Coz I felt like it