PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's Happening at Airways NZ??
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2007, 09:42
The Rottweiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piggy my old chap.... As Slackie so rightly points out the Training Review has yet to be released and I'm sure most of us will be long underground before it ever sees the light of day...........

However being in the frozen wastelands and close to the action its fair to say that I have talked to the authors and have a reasonable idea of what the reports says......In fact, I understand that I'm mentioned in the report as person suitable to help rearrange certain parts of the training organisation!

The report was not well received by Aunty, such that the authors were sent away to rewrite certain parts...a move they have resisted!

In general terms it slated our recruitment system, and hence those wonderful HR persons. It slated the Training Centre (the management) pointing out that its product now is far worse than that turned out may years ago. It suggests that charging for initial ATC training is a real DUM idea............

Its not just based on a couple of peoples ideas, but based on a lot of factual data and without having read it I believe the authors have done a dam fine job! Just a shame it now resides 6ft underground.

But on a happier note we are only loosing 6 controllers this week, one remains with Aunty but operating in Tawain, the other five are off to pastures greener