PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Surv Aust BN2B & Reims
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2007, 23:58
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Ah, married to an ex Surveillance person, therefore an expert on the topic.

You would know then that IFR doesn't mean IMC. And that IMC means "off task, go home." So, yeah it's the Mark I eyeball (or Mark II for me, I've got enhancements.)

You would also know about all of the inbounds that get caught. Or the inbounds that get spotted but are unable to be caught due to a lack of available government resources.

And you would know that other countries including PNG have agricultural diseases that could destroy entire industries in Australia if they were to get a foothold here.

You would also know that Australia has an absolutely huge coastline that cannot be kept entirely secure at reasonable cost. So the best is done with what is available. This means that there can't be an aeroplane everywhere all the time, it also means that when illegals (either fishing or otherwise) are spotted there may not be a response vessel to do anything about it.

P.S.

"well i would just like to thank you for clearly stating and showing you have absolutely no idea on the concept of maratime (sic) surveillance or how it works"
If you're going to subtly nitpick other's spelling, at least do it properly. Sic should go in square brackets [] to indicate that the error was in the quoted material.