PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo Living
Thread: Indigo Living
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2007, 20:25
nicholasblonde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is right!!! My humble opinion is that if Indian companies are going to hire guys with 0 on type as SOs, they might as well hire and train their own locals. There are plenty of Indian nationals finishing CPLs...why wouldn't they just take those guys on as SOs? Expat pilots are supposed to be gap-fillers until the Indians get the quals to fly...so why would they spend all of their training resources (i.e. the time spent with training capts) on expats who are going to leave the second they get a better job back home? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to devote their TRE/TRIs to training Indian SOs who would stay for many years after upgrading?

I'm not an Indian...I'm just a guy who is making the observation that it would make sense for Jet, IndiGo, Deccan to do exactly what they've all been doing--stalling on bringing in the expats with low time until they see whether they can fill those low time slots with Indians coming out of the training pipeline. They have a vested interest in dragging along as slow as their crew scheduling allows becasue every day that goes by more and more Indian nationals finsish the CPL...there are literally 100s if not 1000s in the US training right now--I know about 30 of them from just one airport in rural Texas.