PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2007, 16:48
New_cabin_shoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why I voted NO!

Virgin Dolly I have to agree with everything you say.

I too am a CSS & have worked for VAA for 10 years now. This is my 3rd airline and joined Virgin under no illusions that the pay was less than my previous employers...I joined for the lifestyle! However, my lifestyle has changed somewhat within the last 10 years & I feel that as a supervisor with a total of 15 years flying & life experience, this should reflect in my salary!

It is easy for people to say "why don't you leave if you're not happy" but its not that simple. I love my job and I've worked hard to get to the position I'm in...why should I be forced to leave? Who would take my job?

I would've been happy with the 4.8% on the last pay offer, but like so many of my colleagues was put off with losing a ccm on A346, extra block of STBY & losing airshare etc etc...that is why I voted NO!

I, like many others, now feel like I am getting the piss taken out of me with stupid offers. Morale is low with crew which makes my job all the harder when you're trying to motivate discruntled staff. This needs to be sorted out soon before all our pax start to leave too...then where will we be?

I don't want to strike, I just want a fair pay offer...is that too much to ask?